
We decided the best solution to our dilemma was to let an expert handle the barn. We didn't even have to go looking for Bob the Unbuilder since living on a main highway gives us maximum visibility- probably its only advantage. Bob started on Wednesday and little by little the barn is disappearing and we're relieved to see it go. An added blessing is that Bob also has his eye on the other buildings. As as far as I'm concerned he can camp out here until all is consumed until only the house is left, as long as we're living here anyway, then it's fair game too. Here's a photo I snapped this afternoon.
12 comments:
Please call him by his name - Bob the Builder.
Consider it done.
Is his name actually Bob?
I really hate to see the barn go. It makes me sad that we didn't get more pictures of it when we visited. *sigh* I'll always have a special place in my heart for that barn and all the cows that used to live there.
Aubrey, I don't know what his name is but since Andrea suggested Bob I used that instead of "him" and "he".
Uncle J. wondered why we are letting him have the barn and I told her that's instead of the $5-10,000 bill-or more- he usually charges for taking down old barns.
You need some updated pictures now!
What's this? I have to be anonymous on my own blog?
Anyway, my blog's going to get pretty boring with ugly photos of that barn! I'll put something new when the beast is fully cleaned up. Tomorrow Bob plans on pulling the rest down.
Uncle Janet says: So, are we all just going to communicate through comments on each others posts??!! What's up with that!?
But those hand-hewn oak beams! They must be worth a fortune. Can't you save us something for a birdhouse or even a splinter to shove under our own fingernails?
Hey, will you knuckleheads take off that incredibly annoying "word verification"?? What the heck is that thing for anyways? To make sure only literate people leave a post. Oh yeah, I'll show them with the next one!
uugggghhh gggrraaasssphhhh hee-hee-hee aarrgghhh kkllargh ffrosticnik gggrrrffffthhh ...
Hey, that's a great idea! I'd love to have a piece of the barn!
He's collapsing it today? Why does no one tell me these things maybe I would have liked to see it...ANER
The barn collapsed? That's news to me. Actually, he hasn't gotten that far but I'll keep everyone updated with another photo or two. Can't save any beams- they're Bob's. There should be some wood left for birdhouses and such. We'll have to see what Bob leaves behind.
PeartheSquare
Post a Comment